The International School for Strangeness Nuclear Physics 2020 (SNP school 2020) will be held
in Dec/2 (Wed) - 5 (Sat), 2020
at J-PARC, Tokai, Japan.
The poster of the SNP school 2020 is available: PDF.
We are pleased to announce that the SNP School 2020 will be held at J-PARC, Tokai, Japan, from December 2nd to 5th, 2020. This is the ninth one of a series which has been held every year since 2012. Recent SNP School were held in 2017 at Tokai (J-PARC), 2018 in Osaka (RCNP) and 2019 at Sendai (Tohoku U).
Considering the situation of COVID-19 and especially for participants from abroad, the school will be held mainly by a remote style. If the situation is getting improved, possible participants (mostly from Japan) can attend the school at Tokai, while others still in remote, namely the style of the school will be hybrid. Every participant is required to have or bring his/her PC which can connect network. We would like to use zoom system.
The school program consists of lectures on strangeness nuclear physics as well as other wider subjects from hadrons to cold atom physics, short presentations by young participants, and J-PARC accelerator facility tour, if we can.
We will invite the following leading scientists as lecturers;
- Prof. Koji Miwa (Tohoku U.): Hyperon-proton scattering experiment as a basic and new tool to investigate hyperon-nucleon interaction
- Dr. Pascal Naidon (RIKEN): Cold atom and universal physics (tentative)
- Dr. Yusuke Tanimura (Tohoku U.): Microscopic Approach to Nuclear Fission
- Prof. Laura Tolos (ICE (CSIC, Barcelona)) : Strangeness in Nuclei and Neutron Stars
- Dr. Hideki Ueno (RIKEN): Nuclear spectroscopy with spin-polarized RI beams
In the young researchers' session, school students are required to give a short oral presentation if they request financial support from the school. Other students are also highly encouraged to contribute to the young researchers'session. Among the presentations, best and second-best presenters are selected and will be awarded school prize (Hashimoto Prize or School Incentive Prize and ANPhA Prize). Details of how you can contribute will be announced in the Final Announcement.
Participants at Tokai will visit J-PARC accelerator facility, if possible. Online tour is also in consideration.
All the presenters in the young researchers' session are given "Certificate of Completion of the School". The certificate is also given in ORCID system for the requested participants.
No registration fee is required. In case of the face to face style school, lunch boxes and party may be charged.
Participants who wish to present and/or to request financial support for travel should submit one-page abstract from the registration page. For accommodations, several rooms are reserved at the J-PARC dormitory on the School site. If you wish to stay in the dormitory please indicate it on the registration page.
- Registration page: https://forms.gle/UAQ9EN1cdLDpMG2fA
- Application deadline for those who wish presentation and travel support: Oct. 15, 2020
- Application deadline for remote connection only: Nov. 15, 2020
- SNP School 2020: Dec. 2 - 5, 2020 (9:00 - 18:00, JST)
- e-mail: snpsc20_AT_lambda.phys.tohoku.ac.jp ("_AT_" should be replaced to "@").
Chairs of SNP School 2020
- Toshiyuki Takahashi
- Atsushi Hosaka
- Satoshi N. Nakamura
Hosted by J-PARC, RCNP-Osaka, ELPH-Tohoku, KEK-IINAS, ASRC JAEA, ANPhA, RIKEN Nishina Center and GP-PU of Tohoku Univ., and supported by Grand-In-Aids for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas "Clustering as a window on the hierarchical structure of quantum systems" and "Toward new frontier: Encounter and synergy of state-of-the-art astronomical detectors and exotic quantum beams", MEXT Japan.
- 2012/Feb/12-18 (J-PARC, Tokai and Tohoku Univ., Sendai)
- 2013/Feb/14-20 (J-PARC, Tokai and Tohoku Univ., Sendai)
- 2014/Feb/13-19 (J-PARC, Tokai and Tohoku Univ., Sendai)
- 2015/Sep/3-5 (Tohoku Univ., Sendai)
- 2016/Feb/18-20 (Tohoku Univ., Sendai)
- 2017/Dec/14-16 (J-PARC, Tokai)
- 2018/Aug/1-3 (RCNP, Osaka Univ., Ibaraki)
- 2019/Sep/5-8 (Tohoku Univ., Sendai)